10.30.2009

Day 77--- Bad Housekeeping...


I don't have a whole lot of time to write today so I am going to try and make this one short and sweet. The inspiration for today's blog was simple to choose due to them being the ones who woke me up this morning.... If you guessed house-keeping then you are correct.

For the most part hotel house keepers are pretty cool, they will clean up any mess that you make and you don't even have to leave a tip. Its just their job. You forget to flush, they have to deal with it. You clog, they've got your back. You vomit on the floor, no worries we'll be right there sir... So for all of this I thank you.

But, when you come knocking at my hotel room at 7 am, our relationship changes a little bit. Being on vacation typically means that people are sleeping in, not trying to get up as early as they do on a daily basis. I realize the schedule is probably up to the hotel, and I do understand the concept of the Do Not Disturb sign. But maybe I forgot to put that out, so I'm gonna complain.

Also I have seen one too many stories about how the house-keepers in certain hotels have sticky fingers. I don't think that I have ever had anything taken, I'm not really a jewelry person. But who knows maybe a pair of my underwear have gone missing that I just didn't notice... Someone must be stealing them, with the success of this blog I'm sure people could get some good money on Ebay for my trousers.

Anyways, I gotta go we are going to Knottsberry Farm for Halloween and my mom is freaking out that we are gonna be late for dinner... So that is my excuse for a below par blog.... I know its not up to my normal standards but when you have to write everyday it gets kind of hard... excuses excuses...

6 comments:

Lothiriel said...

I used to travel a lot with my husband. Yeah, them housekeepers used to knock on the door as early as 7 a.m. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that they don't wait for you to respond to their knocking. They knock and open the door right after. I always call them out on it. I could be naked or something.

One time my husband and I were "hanging out" in the hotel room one rainy day, when one of the housekeepers just opened the door. She didn't know or anything.

Quincifer said...

I worry about stuff like this when I stay in hotels....luckily I don't stay in hotels much though.

Anonymous said...

you did leave a good point out where they knock then just open the door. I've had that happen to me many-a-times. one time I was just getting out of the shower and it was totally awkward to have a stranger just hanging out in my room. One time - I even had the do not disturb sign on the door, and they came in anyways. I was really sick, in bed, sleeping. They KICKED ME OUT OF THE ROOM SO THE COULD CLEAN IT. needless to say I got to stay there for free for the whole week.

ScoMan said...

I pretty much leave the do not disturb sign out when I'm in a hotel. I don't know why. Even when I'm out and about doing stuff, I don't want someone in there. I like my personal space and for a few days, that is my personal space.

But anyone who wakes anyone up at 7am deserves at least a blog bagging them for it.

staceface said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nomad said...

how dare someone delete their comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails