10.18.2009

Day 65--- Get your Daly Dose...

In light of my recent realization that I still have three hundred of these things to write I decided that I needed to find a way to break up the monotony, both for my readers and for I. Not to say that what I am currently writing is monotonous, at least I hope not. To keep from getting to that point in the late two hundreds I have decided to coin Sundays as celebrity Sundays. Which is probably not an entirely new thing to the world of blogs, but it is indeed new to my blog. I figured my goal is to write daily about people, and as much as we like to idolize and un-humanize famous people, they still are. So we are all happy, I get to continue writing daily about people, thus fulfilling my little goal, and my readers still get to enjoy witty off the wall sarcastic banter. Enjoy.

Carson Daly. This guy is like a zit that wont pop, not only will it not pop but it becomes infected. Shortly after it has been infected a few months it turns into a tumor further attaching itself to your face, once it reaches this point its even more difficult to get rid of. This is Carson Daly in a nutshell. He began his career by infecting the popular teen MTV show TRL. You'd think with the amount of talented people that he came in contact with over the years that some iota of talent or charisma may have rubbed off on him. However, if you have managed to stay up late enough to see his show, it only takes about 3 minutes to realize that he has picked nothing up. At least not in the form of talent. It does not even take a full three minutes to see why the network has tucked him away at 2 am, the only thing it will leave you wondering is how he has a show at all. It is called Last Call with Carson Daly, but I motion to change the name to Last Call for Carson Daly, I have been to funerals with more laughs than this show. Everything from his opening yawn-a-logue to his horrendously un-funny skits makes this show less appealing than PBS. The only thing his show is good for is to finally put people with insomnia to sleep. I would only recommend putting this show on if you are having trouble falling asleep. If his show had an ounce of hope for originality or talent it was wasted on the band. His show actually makes me wish that Ricki Lake had a late night show, at least she had some exciting guests. His is the one show that they actually have to pay people to come on to promote themselves, and still I've never seen any A-listers on the line-up. I don't blame them.
Enough about the show. Carson is one of three people that come to mind that actually looked better when they were fat-er. The first two being Star Jones and Matthew Perry I have included a picture of the transformation for your viewing dis-pleasure. Apparently even he has to be on crack to make it through one of his shows. He went from looking like a healthy adult male to a cast member from The Nightmare Before Christmas, someone give this guy a cracker. The last attractive thing that Carson did was Tara Reid, but that's like being proud that you've scored the hottest chick at the trailer park. I heard that they actually offered him a lead role in this summers blockbuster District 9 both because of his lack of worldwide fame and his stunning likeness to an alien. I think they may have thought they would save on make-up and CGI costs, but he quickly declined the offer reminding them he had no acting ability. Thank God.

Yeah, I dont like the guy, I'm sorry.

10 comments:

ScoMan said...

He isn't on TV here like.. at all.

Again I feel lucky.

Dave "Loose Cannon" Wills said...

Lol. You should add Monique (I think that's her name) to the list of people who looked better with more poundage. She looks like a lolly-head now (lollipop head on little body).

Haven't actually heard about Daly in quite some while. I guess that's because he's on at 2 am too.

Rachel said...

Carson Daly is still alive? Well, that just ruined my morning.

Tracie Nall said...

His show is still on tv?? I find that hard to believe....the last time I saw it was probably 6 years ago and it sucked then! The other thing about him that you didn't mention is his strange orange-ness. He is the orange-est man ever (besides maybe George Hamilton, but even George doesn't beat him by much!)

Christine Macdonald said...

He kinda rubs me in the wrong way also.. but then again, I've never really watched him more than a minute or two. I love the "like a zit that won't pop" analogy. Ewwww. LOL

Christine

carissajaded said...

oh man this guy is just awful. I almost passed out when i realized the most un-exciting person in the whole world was hosting New Years Eve

Kelly said...

HEY! I like PBS!! :) Its funny how someone so terrible can cling to a "career" for years.

Dorn said...

Ryan Seacrest must be the bane of his existence. He was so close to being a media whore until American Idol presented the superior douche.

Nomad said...

sco- you are lucky. very lucky.

dave- just avoid late night tv.

rachel- you actually made me laugh out loud. aka lol...

tracie- you are so right about his orangeness, i try to avoid making judgements based on skin color though ;)

christine- if you could make it 3 minutes you would want to kill him.

carissa- agreed.

kelly- you ARE a dork :)

dorn- haha

angel6033 said...

ugh just his face annoys me lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails