11.27.2009

Day 105--- Therminators...


Hello friends. Welcome to yet another day in the blog life of 365 days of people... Its for me now that I am writing days in the hundreds, it makes it feel like I have been doing this forever now, but then at the same time reminds me how many days I have ahead... Fuchsiag, It'll be a while til I make fun of people who see Broadway shows, considering I saw about 40 during my years in NY. Its funny that you mention RENT because I am going to see that tonight with my girlfriend here in Milwaukee, it will be my 6th time seeing that show, love it... Sco, you are right, it is fun to watch or hear people fail like that, I stand corrected... Who should I write about today??? Ive got one. How many people have ever had to deal with thermostat dictators? I have!

If you are confused by this I am talking about the people who feel that it is their duty to control the temperature of a room or house even if they are not the only ones there. I know that I am not the only person who has had to deal with these guys in the past... The worst were my parents though, they would battle to control the climate of our house like they were on American Gladiators. My dad always wanted the house to be hot, and we lived in Arizona, I think the truth behind this was just to cheap out on the energy bill... My mom was on the same team as the rest of us and enjoyed the use of the modern air conditioning. Thank God that women usually win those battles... Obviously when I was a kid I really didn't get much say, I so looked forward to the day that I would have a place of my own where I could control the weather... Well, unfortunately this day has yet to come... I may be out on my own by I have yet to shed the likes of the home temperature Nazi... I always seem to find roommates who think that they have some sort of right to control the heating and cooling for everyone in the home... This would not be so bad if we had similar preferences, but I have yet to be so lucky.

What is it that makes these people feel like they are so special? These people should be caged, these people should be caged and made to watch CSPAN. The punishment still doesn't fit the crime but you see the direction I'm headed. I guess this is what I have to endure until I can live in a roommate-less home, but at that point I'll probably have to worry about my wife controlling it... Just cant win. As I write this I wonder if this is a problem that only I have had to deal with in my life... maybe that's just because I find reason to complain about everything. If I am the only one though, I am wishing that these people infiltrate the lives of the rest of you, not because I don't love you all like you were my own children, but because I just want you to be able to relate to my blog. My hope is that by the end of the year I have found a way to make every form of person on earth seem annoying for one reason or another... Only time will tell...

6 comments:

Quincifer said...

I have never ever experienced this.
But as with all 'hogs', I imagine it can really get your goat.

Beth said...

We have this issue at work. I work in a newer school where the temperature is set by a computer at the Central Office. We have college degrees (multiple degrees for most of us) - yet we can't be trusted to adjust the friggin thermastat. They are just jerks because they complain when we ask for the temp to be adjusted. There has to be a special place in hell...

Chris said...

Yeah, when I was a kid, my folks refused to turn on the a/c unless the temperature was somewhere near boiling. So now that I'm a grown-up (sort of), and have temperature control privileges, the a/c blasts all summer long.

You don't want to see my electric bill, though.

ScoMan said...

I work without 6 of these people. All day it's *Beep beep*.. *Beep beep*.. *Beep beep* from the air conditioner as each one makes minor adjustments to suit their needs and the rest of us just have to deal with whatever they think we'll all appreciate.

You're adjusting it by like one degree.. is it REALLY that important to you?

Although in my flat, it must always be set to an even number. Same with the volume on the TV. We don't do odd numbers here.

angel6033 said...

This reminds me so much of my ex client Mr. V he was an 84 yr old man and it was a constant battle he always wanted to keep the thermostat at 85 at a min. his son and grandson on the other hand liked it at 65 at a max. Everyday for the 4 hours I wroked for him I had to constantly sneak around and put up high for him then lower it for the son! I found it very amusing...

Lothiriel said...

I grew up in South Texas. My french teacher was from Nebraska, and her classroom was always freezing. She was used to the cold temperatures of Nebraska, so she always had the a/c really low--which was terribly cold for used to South Texas 100+ hot weather.

Related Posts with Thumbnails