1.06.2010

Day 145--- Join the Colbert Nation...


Right now I am wishing that I hadn't narrowed my blog to just writing about people, because I could definitely have a few words for the 10 inches of snow on my porch. A year ago today I had just arrived for my six month hiatus in Hawaii and this year I will be spending the remainder of my winter/spring in the snow raped Midwest, oh the things we do for love. Anyways, I guess its about time for another blog, I hope no one minds... I decided to do a blog on a celebrity today, its my blog so I pretty much reserve all creative rights. Usually I write about celebs that I hate or at least that slightly annoy me, but this time I have decided to make it a praise blog. Only because I love this person so much that I literally could not go another day without blogging about him. Stephen Colbert...

First of all, if you guys have never watched his show on Comedy Central you need to get with the program and join "The Nation". This dude is a riot, I have honestly never seen anyone as quick and witty as him...

It has taken Stephen nearly 20 years to get to the point he is at now, but from what I learned it has been quite the ride for him. He started in his comedic ways early as the youngest of 11 children, his first real gig was with the Chicago improv group "The Second City", spent some time writing for SNL (obviously back when it was funny). Colbert most recently spent five years as a correspondent on the Daily Show with John Stewart, I have a feeling John secretly kicked him off when he realized that Colberts popularity had surpassed his... On his show, "The Colbert Report" he plays an extremely biased right wing character highlighting every stereotype that they are known for. In my opinion he has nearly perfected this persona, most of the time he stays in character without so much as cracking a smile... He holds interviews with all of the political figures that he can get his hands on (my favorite part) from Supreme Court Judges to lobbyist. He will ask the most radical questions that he can think of, but a majority of the people will still try and answer not realizing that he is making fun of them. (example provided below)... I really could go on and on about how funny and life changing the show is but I think it would be better for you if you just went and checked it out for yourself. If you really take a liking to it, as most people with brains do, then you can find a few past episodes on Hulu.com... Don't, say I never gave you anything...

The only downside to the show is that it is only 25 minutes long, they freakin give Oprah an hour, I think something with substance such at "The Colbert Report" should get much more air time, but I never get what I want...

My real hope with the topic of today's blog is that somehow it will get back to Colbert and he will choose to sponsor my blog like he did the U.S. men's ice skating team. A gesture that landed him on the cover of Sports Illustrated in December. OK I know this post will never make it back to him, I just felt it would be a nice tie in. I'll promise to end this post if you promise to check out his show.... Deal?





as promised.


I also recommend his book, "I Am America and So Can You"...

11 comments:

Christopher said...

Yea I'm a huge Colbert fan too. He's got his character down to a science. I honestly have no idea how he keeps a straight face even 90% of the time.

Tui Snider said...

Hiya! I'm a big Colbert fan, too. It was tough when I lived in Italy, because Hulu won't let you watch stuff out of the country.

Thanks for sharing that clip. He is hilarious.

Btw, I found your blog via NaBloPoMo. I'll be back to see how your month goes!

~Tui

Anonymous said...

best colbert clip ever

Chris said...

Yes, it's nice to see something funny and original on television. Jon Stewart's great too.

And yeah, "back when SNL was funny" couldn't be more true. Now it's unwatchable.

Chicken Maker said...

Brilliant as always Nomad(on that note I totally thought your screen-name was Nolan) I don't know anyone who doesn't like to watch Colbert when he's on.

ScoMan said...

I was like "Hooray! We're dissing Colbert! But doesn't he like Colbert? I'm pretty sure that was in his sidebar" and then I read your blog and sure enough you do like Colbert.

I don't.

Let's leave it at that.

angel6033 said...

never really watched it so dont have much to say in this regard :)!

Tracie Nall said...

Love Colbert!!

Enough said.

Jen said...

I love the Colbert Report! I wish I had an ounce of his wit!

Nomad said...

<3 me some colbert.

Website designer India said...

Brilliant as always Nomad(on that note I totally thought your screen-name was Nolan) I don't know anyone who doesn't like to watch Colbert when he's on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails