2.28.2010

Day 180--- Take It OFF!!!


So the U.S lost to Canada tonight in the Hockey Olympic Finals thingy. Big Whoop, finally you guys have found something that you can beat us in (and only like 528 people care about hockey anyways) . Well, this doesn't take into account crime rates, and health care and all the important stuff OK. Basically I am only talking about sports here... Well, Yay. I have another early morning at work so I am going to keep this post short like a midgets temper, I swear those things get angry so easily... Today I would like to call attention to another group of idiots that are too unimportant to name, but just important to blog about; the guys who leave tags and stickers on hats and clothes after they buy them.

I am not sure if this is a worldwide trend, so some of you may not know what I am referring to, consider yourselves lucky. It is basically this trend that popped up here sometime in the 90's and according to the douche bag on the bus today it is still occurring in some smaller, less fashionable cities across the nation.

The most common offenders are the guys who like to keep the size stickers (you know the gold ones) on their fitted sport hats... I think this was one of those things that was started when some big black dude went to school one day after he had bought a new hat and he had forgotten to take the sticker off. When someone pointed it out, instead of allowing himself to look stupid he beat up the guy who told him and claimed that it was the new style. From then on every person at that school with a new hat made it a point to keep the sticker on, peer pressure at its finest. From there it spread out nationally and now plagues my eyes. Two things you may ask, first why does the guy in my story have to be black? Simple, because I like fried chicken. Second, why do I let so many things annoy me, I mean its just a little sticker. Simple again, I like fried chicken...

The keeping of tags on clothes came about a little later, maybe 2001-2-3ish. This could have happened the same way but I like to imagine it this way. Some girl. Whatever shape, size, and color you'd like to imagine. Bought a new dress for a blind date. Since it was a blind date and she hadn't had much luck in the past she spent a little more than she normally would have. She told herself that she would keep the dress if the date went well, and she would return it if it was a flop. To ensure return-ability she taped the tag up inside the dress... At some point during the night, that sneaky bastard of a tag came loose and OK... I'm bored with this story already... We will never really know why the F people keep the tags on their clothes. But what we do know is they must not wash them...

9 comments:

ScoMan said...

I've never noticed anyone with a tag on their hat but when I read the title of this post I thought it was going to be about nudists.

But then, nudists are the big news here at the moment because we had some artist take pictures of a bunch of naked people at the Opera House this morning.

PoMiFoS said...

At first I thought you meant wearing a Yankees hat makes you a douche which I agree with. Then I realized it was the sticker on the Yankees hat which is really douche icing on the douche cake.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, thanks for playing our game. YEAH....

Mandie said...

Haha! Loved how you ended this post...

Anyways, I know exactly what you're talking about. I commute to metro Atlanta for school... You wouldn't believe how many people do this...

Anita Sharma said...

I always wondered why people left their tags on new clothes. Clearly, if you buy a new dress and the guy turns out to be a douche, why take it out on the poor dress? Surely it deserves someone to love it.

Christopher said...

Yea I never got that one either. Although I did get stopped downtown by someone who told me that I still had a sticker on my jeans. Maybe it's all my fault.

Lothiriel said...

LMAO!!

I've seen 'em!! I went to Houston, TX once and saw it with my own eyes, and couldn't believe it!!!
sooo tacky!

Chris said...

Whenever I see a kid with his hat like that, I make a point of saying, very innocent like, "You do know that's a sticker, right?"

I usually just get a dirty look.

Makes my day.

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

Ohhh this reminded me of a friend who thought was very clever/trendy and would wear his shirt inside out EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. He claimed he was different.... whatever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails