4.06.2010

Day 195--- Thanks for the Visual...


As I sit here in front of my computer I am actually shocked that I have made it to day 195 before this group made it into a post... I started my Improv class tonight, and amongst all the characters in the class there was one guy who was just begging to be written about. I could probably choose at least 5 characteristics that he possessed to write on, but for the sake of time I have narrowed it down to one... Men/overweight men, who wear sweatpants in public...
I've spent years in denial that people like this actually exist, tonight I found out just how real they are. As males we learn by about 12 or 13 that sweatpants are generally not for use outside the home. For a number of reasons mainly centering around the general package area, and the surprises that it can cause. This list covers everything from surprise drip-age to accidental excitement, all reasons that made it clear to me as a young man that I should probably reserve the ol sweatpants for home, and maybe the occasional Nascar event. At no age would I ever decide that these general rules stopped applying to me, but it is quite clear that Harry from Improv adheres to his own set of rules...

Sure this is something that I have seen a time or two before, but usually comes on a rare trip to Wal-Mart or while handing out bread at a homeless shelter. Never did I think that I would be graced with such up close and personal uninterrupted time with someone who finds these things to be legal. First of all, why are they always grey? Every time my presence has been graced with s.p. the wearer always seems to have also selected the color that will show every stain, drip, or indention that most other colors could attempt to camouflage. They also always seem to choose a size about 2 sizes too small, Harry's were so painted on that by the end of class everyone could have drawn up a topographical map of his "situation" from memory... And I don't even draw well... Not to mention the Mariana's trench of a wedgie that these things raped upon his backside, leaving nothing to the imagination...

What is it that has to happen in your life that makes you comfortable in public wearing sweatpants? I mean besides the obvious "comfort factor"... When is the point where you are just like, "F it! I'm busting out the sweatpants today and I don't care who sees me". Something tragic would have to happen to me before I reached the point where I cared this little about my appearance, I would sooner cut the nipples out of my shirt and go out than I would prance around town in some sweatpants. This is like mid-life crisis attire, or just plain crisis attire. This is still living in my mothers basement attire, 40 year old virgin attire, public master-bater attire. These pants are not politically correct, they are To Catch a Predator, threat level orange, but definitely not p.c.. But, when its all said and done I guess diversity is what makes us great right? The only thing I am worried about is that if that's what he wore on week one, what do I have to look forward to...

PS. I was shocked at the sheer lack of photo-graphical documentation that Google had to offer me on this subject, but apparently they were very interested in any picture that they could get of Britney Spears in sweats.

9 comments:

ScoMan said...

I was reading this thinking "Maybe its a marriage thing. I bet it's mostly married men who wear this things."

And then you said this..

"Something tragic would have to happen to me before I reached the point where I cared this little about my appearance,"

Yep, sounds like marriage to me!

Lothiriel said...

sweatpants are very comfortable. It could be marriage. I don't know.

I wear them at home and the few times I have gone to Wal-Mart at 3 am. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm still shocked by that photo. I'm blind.

Chicken Maker said...

Only time I wear sweat pants if at the gym, and sometimes leaving the gym. This is because I don't like them short little basketball shorts and the gym won't let me in with jeans on.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised I made it past the picture.

AngeliStarr said...

Im mad you went there. LOL

I too am surprised I made it past the picture lol

advertising company said...

I reached the point where I cared this little about my appearance, I would sooner cut the nipples out of my shirt and go out than I would prance around town in some sweatpants.

Seo services kanpur said...

I can't believe this.It is really amazing figure size...

photo canvas said...

I would love die,If I get such amazing figure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails